Britto Arts Trust is thrilled to announce its participation at the most significant exhibition platform of the Globe the documenta fifteen that will take place in Kassel, Germany from 18 June- 25 September 2022.
Ruangrupa a collective of artists and creatves from Jakata is in charge of the Artistic Direction of documenta fifteen. It’s central curatorial approach for documenta fifteen is based on the principles of collectivity, resource building, and equal sharing.
‘Using lumbung as a model, documenta fifteen is a collective resource pot, operating under the logic of the commons. It is an agglomeration of ideas, stories, (wo)manpower, time, and other shareable resources. At the centre of lumbung is the imagination and the building of these collective, shared resources into new models of sustainable ideas and cultural practices. This will be fostered by residencies, assemblies, public activities, and the development of tools.
Lumbung, directly translatable as “rice barn,” is a collective pot or accumulation system used in rural areas of Indonesia, where crops produced by a community are stored as a future shared common resource and distributed according to jointly determined criteria’.
The Artistic Team also includes Gertrude Flentge, Frederikke Hansen, Lara Khaldi, Ayşe Güleç and Andrea Linnenkohl.
14 initiatives (as of February 2021) from all over the Globe are invited to take part in the documenta fifteen. Nevertheless, Britto Arts Trust is the only South Asian platform so far.
• Britto Arts Trust (Dhaka, Bangladesh)
• FAFSWAG (Auckland, Aotearoa)
• Fondation Festival sur le Niger (Ségou, Mali)
• Gudskul (Jakarta, Indonesia) • INLAND (various locations, Spain)
• Instituto de Artivismo Hannah Arendt (Havana, Cuba)
• Jatiwangi art Factory (JaF) (Jatiwangi, Indonesia)
• Project Art Works (Hastings, United Kingdom)
• Question of Funding (Jerusalem, Palestine)
• Más Arte Más Acción (MAMA) (Nuqui, Choco, Colombia)
• OFF-Biennale (Budapest, Hungary)
• Trampoline House (Copenhagen, Denmark)
• Wajukuu Art Project (Nairobi, Kenya)
• ZK/U – Zentrum für Kunst und Urbanistik (Berlin, Germany)